Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Band Fat Finger in New Orleans New Site

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NOLABASS, Dec 2, 2003.

1. NOLABASS

NOLABASS

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    Hey folks, have not posted in a while, but my band Fat Finger just launched our web site. We are playing live on the internet on WWOZ.org Saturday, Dec. 13th from 10:00 To 12:00 Midnight Central Standard Time. We are also releasing our CD that night with a CD release party the next night. Check us out if your interested in original music from New Orleans. ~peter

Click here for Fat Finger

WWOZ

Title Cut from CD : The Scootcher ` Fat Finger

2. NOLABASS

NOLABASS

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    Any constructive criticism is welcome.:bassist:

3. Hey Pete, nice site! Glad to hear your band is doing well.

A couple of things to consider. Be aware there are still a lot of folks who don't use MS Explorer. The site doesn't work well with my regular browser (a netscape/mozilla variant). I'm guessing the the site builder used some kind of Microsoft exclusive effect.

Also, are those Sesame street images copyrighted?

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Not bad, Careful with copyrighted characters.

j

5. put up the sound clips! I want to hear it!:bassist:

6. NOLABASS

NOLABASS

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    OK, here we go, took a good part of the weekend, but the mp3s are working. This is the title cut from our new CD.

The Scootcher ~ Fat Finger

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I don't like thae site a whole lot. No offense or anything. You should mmake it a little more clean, and flashy. Just opinions.

8. NOLABASS

NOLABASS

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    No offense taken. It was a little over the top with color, so we cleaned it up, and I think something in between would be flashier.

9. hey Peter,

had a blast when I caught you guys a couple of weeks ago. thanks for letting me sit in! sorry I couldn't make it to the Turtle for the blues jam last night, but it was pretty crazy over here.

looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow night!

are you cats playing again on Sunday?

from the lows,

Stew

10. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Your band has a real hammond! Sweet! I wish I could find a hammond player for my band... :meh:

11. hey Metron,

there are a few great Hammond players in town. you should swing out this way and check the scene!

from the lows,

Stew

12. NOLABASS

NOLABASS

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    Yep, that would be the B3 Doctor here in NeOLA. He plays....get this....a 1957 flawless B3 and a Leslie with serial numbers under #100s. Man does it sound purdy.

Listen to use live tommorrow night on WWOZ.org from 10 to Midnight CST!. No B3 though, the studio is too small.