Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band, finally

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by downstairs, Nov 21, 2003.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Yeah, we have some unmastered MP3's up, they sound pretty decent too. I play bass and drums on this, do the first vocals on the 1st song, and do the first scream on the answer/return part on the last song. Please forgive my sloppy playing when I do double bass on the last song, and some of my bass flubs, I hadn't played bass in a week (blasphemy)

It's all in here

2. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Anyone care to tell me what they think about it? (especially the funk breakdown in the 2nd song)

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well.. i'll be honest... I did not like it... I listened to the second song "liar" and it was not my cup of tea at all.. The drums aren't as solid as they need to be in some parts... The "funk" break down wasn't that funky, the guitar tone was lacking IMO.. The bass playing was allright though... and I think thats the onlything that really matters when you get right down to it

4. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    After the chorus, I could totally hear a totally 80s style shredder, tapping guitar solo.

After the breakdown, which sounded more like a generic theme song for a cartoon, I loved the Iron Maiden style melody with the guitar.

As for the vocals....hysterically funny!

5. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Sorry for the lag in my return, I've been busy for a while. Yeah, the drums weren't that solid cuz I'm not really the drummer, the bass lines were kinda hosed cuz I hadn't played bass in a week, the vocals, well it's hardcore what we like to do, and nothing was mixed at all, it was just a straight recording. But yeah, Kai is pretty neat with his little solo's, nothing too complex.

6. Jazzfiend

Jazzfiend

Nov 30, 2002
    I'm a hardcore fan, I go to all the local hardcore shows and one thing that I don't think works is when you have some guy singing like he's in a pop punk band in the background. It's very very hard to pull off. I think that it's best to have one type of singing at a time in a situation like this. Instrumentals good though.

7. i thought it ws pretty good
    you guys are like.. a static lullaby, mixed with from autumn to ashes.

you guys listen to them? i bet so, it reflects, but i thought it was very kick ass