Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band gets all "soapy"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Yup. My band, The Curtain Society, has recently been played on the noble soap opera "One Life To Live". Don't know the scene, but I know the song. And it had better have been during a steamy love scene. Yessir.

Take a listen to some cuts and give us some feedback. We love it.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/curtainsociety

2. That's really cool about the TV thing. I think the best I can do is that a band I was in was on some MTV workout video...

So weather it was a steamy love scene or high steppin' to indie rock, there was a lot of sweating going on. :D

3. HA! It's funny, we had a placement with NBC for the show "the Pretender" a few years back too...I wonder if he pretended to like it.

har har.

Yeah, it's cool. I can see it now...silk sheets, candles... "whacka whacka wowwr" guitar...

(no, not really) haha

4. I liked that show...

Ever notice the similarities between that show and Crossing Jordan?

5. I've honestly have yet to see Crossing Jordan. It does look interesting, but I usually have rehearsals.

6. It's all about ex-Law and Order chicks. ;)

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Crossing Jordan makes my weekend complete...

And I only watch law and order for that lawyer chick on the wednesday night one... :p

8. My 2 favorite Law and Order chicks are the ADA from Criminal Intent (the Vincent D'Onofrio one) and Angie "Abbey" Harmon, Jason Sehorn's wife.

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Gig story? I think so...

10. Oh, like you don't have a favorite Law & Order chick! :D

11. I wouldn't consider it a "gig" story...it IS humorous, but I'm proud just the same.

12. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    OK, I admit it, I dig that Hennessy girl too :D

13. I KNEW IT!!!

You do know she has a twin sister, right?

14. I'm getting all my L&Os confused,

Casey, the ADA from SVU is hot. She knows it. Total toss up between Abbey and Casey. Woof. :D

15. OK... we all know the hottest chick on TV is Catherine Bell.

Now, did either of you listen to any music? Or is hijacking your game? You must realise it's all about me, and I'm an attention whore.

16. mos'def the Jag chick. I've got some INSANE pictures of her.

17. Our site is back up. Just a little notice. :hyper:

18. Did you vote on the L&O poll?

19. Our website now has a full clip of the scene in question, with good audio, thankfully.

Pretty cool. The lyrics couldn't possibly be more perfect for the scene in question.

www.curtainsociety.com