1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My band has a couple videos up (stoner rock type stuff)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Metal Matt, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Like the title says, stoner rock type stuff... What the title doesn't say is that it's just drums and bass. :hyper:

So if you're into that type of stuff then go here and click videos underneath our picture...

www.myspace.com/morsnoise

Not the best quality, and there are some small mess ups here and there since we're still getting these songs down but anyways, let me know what you think and add us if you like it. We're going to try to record sometime in the next week.

:bassist:

2. i like your logo

3. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I dont like your tone. Too much grind. Had there been a guitar in there I would not have heard you at all. That tone would never cut thru. Go back to the drawing board.

4. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    P.S...you guys are good players. So I'm not criticizing your skills. Go listen to some Tool and see if you can dial that in on your equipment. It would suit your style to a tee.

5. Well, I am still fiddling with settings on my Supercollider since I've only had the thing a little over a week. Actually, the only thing I don't like right now in my sound is the attack is too metallic sounding and too pronounced, you can hear it in some of the songs. It may have something to do with the position of my pickups I'm thinking. I do want some grind and high end in my sound because with out it everything I play would be way too muddy. I still have to mess with my settings more though.

And this band isn't going to have guitars, so I don't have to worry about cutting through anything. haha :D

EDIT

Also, this is recorded on a crappy little camera so it sort of takes a lot of low end out. So you know, keep that in mind too.

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Have you considered not having a guitarist in there at all. Stoner DnB?

I dug the tone in "Song One" more than the other one

7. magickbass

magickbass Guest

May 24, 2008
    I love that tone but when you add in guitars you will be drowned out. But while just jamming with a drummer, keep it. 8)

8. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    i'd love to hear it, but your player says "Error Downloading Music"
    no sound:(

9. Hmm... I thought it was clear but just in case.

THIS BAND IS NOT GOING TO HAVE GUITAR PLAYERS AT ALL. EVER. haha

This band is just drums and bass. There aren't going to be any vocals either.

There. :bag:

And my settings where the same in both songs, just moved the camera, AND our drummer played softer during Song Three so I could be heard a bit better.

So uh, aside from my tone... what do you guys think about that music stuff we're playing? :p

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Same here. I'd really like to hear it

Edit: HA, I guess I (we) didn't read your post fully. I didn't realize I was to be looking for videos. Some cool jams, you guys really need vocals though, the songs are solid... really good actually, but there isn't enough interest in just the bass and drums (for me at least). Song one kind of reminds me of Thrones, which is always a good thing. I really dig your tone, it fits the Stoner Rock vibe really well, and for a video camera recording that's pretty impressive, a pro-ish recording would probably melt faces. Some well written riffage.

Your drummer is kick ass as well.

11. When you go to our page, look underneath the sweet deer head/pentagram picture, and it says "view my: Pics|Videos", click on videos and both of them are there.

12. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    The songs are pretty cool, but as everyone else stated, I'm not a big fan of heavily distorted tones. You're drummer is killer, most people would love to have a solid drummer to jam with like him, lucky you.

I personally think if you guys were to ever add a vocalist and a guitarist (not a gui****) you guys could have a killer band. But if you guys are just in it for the jams then keep doin what ur doin

13. justincest

justincest

May 1, 2008
    I didn't like the tone at all. I could be an ass and say that you seem to be a little 'headbang' heavy just for the camera.

If the stuff stays just drum and bass, i'd have to say, i'd be bored.

14. Thanks a lot man. We're aware this band will receive strange reactions and that it isn't for everyone, but as long as we enjoy it, nothing else matters really. And yeah, he's a very good drummer although you'd never hear him say it. ha

Well, I appreciate the parts of your post about how it would bore you and that you don't like the tone but the quoted bit is a bit ignorant... All I'll say is that when the music I'm playing makes me feel like doing something, headbanging, thrashing the bass around a little or anything like that, then I do it. Whether I'm at practice, or playing live. Unless it's a song (like song three) where that stuff would interfere with my ability to play the song. So whatever man, think what you will.

15. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Dude dont get offended TB is a very conservative place, I really dug that, ive always wanted to do a project like that. If you ever geting some recordings done i would love to throw them on my zune, and great tone from sludge/stoner/doom stuff man, seriously.

16. Ha Yeah, I know. I sometimes forget about TB's conservativeness. :bag:

And thanks for the kind words and everything. Hopefully we'll be recording within the next week. Whenever we do, I'll be sure to post it in this thread.

17. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    Not to be a naysayer, but song one sounds pretty much like the song "You Lied" by Tool on the Salival dvd/ep box set. Except they have a guitarist....

18. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I really enjoyed watching those vids and I think your tone rocks. Prefect for a doomy stoner DnB duo. The music, especially on the first one reminded me of Torche when they hit the bomb string! It also makes me yern for a supercollider!

Thanks for sharing and keep us updated when you have recordings.

-Benny

19. I was screwing with our drummers whammy pedal and it does an awesome job at the bomb note. I thought about using it in the end of that very song, but there is no way I could rip off Torche like that. haha

And holy crap, that riff in our song does sound a lot like that Tool song. That's pretty damn weird. :eek: