my band has practiced 4 times...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Nov 7, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    and are already signed to a record label.

California Sound Press.

it is owned by my guitarist's and drummer's dad Daniel Ward and his wife. You may have heard of Daniel Ward, he was a pro musician back in the day... now he plays guitar... and puts it on movies and stuff...

did i mention my band is lame?
  2. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
  3. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    how so spoiled? we have acess to recording... we are so spoiled... especially since it is the drummers and guitarists parents that own it...
  4. is there anyone famous on this label?
  5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    no... it is independent... Ward's band, and BlokHead are the only bands i know of...

i know this isnt anything big... but it is kinda cool.
  6. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    Signed? Do you have own songs and a publishing/recording deal too? Or if you just accidently happen to turn out into a great and succesfull band, they will make money by selling you to some real label :)
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    as i'm sure you're aware, being on a record label doesn't really mean anything. its the distribution/promotion network that is the important thing...that and a huge advance, but being an indie i'm guessing you didn't get that.

what kind of distribution network does this label have?
  8. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    haha nice one!

Only problem with being on a small label is if a big label comes along, and you cant join it because of the binding of the previously signed contract:eek:

psps - i hope you read the small print, you couldve just signed away your home or something.
  9. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    or do they just let you use the space when no one is there???

do you really use the peavey tnt to record?!

10. Yes your band is lame!!!!! but what's the name?

Daniel Ward, never heard of him, What day was he a pro musician?:D

11. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Which is why signing with a true indie isn't always the best thing.
  12. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    I am not sure about the distribution and stuff. Most of the stuff they work on is music for Indie films... In fact, Mr. Ward and his wife, all they do is record... She is a Mary Kay sales person... And other than that, it is create, record, create record etc... They went off last weekend to accept an award for the music they put to one movie...

I will. Of course it will run through the switchboard, which is run into the PC which we use to record. We have 4 complete songs, with 2 in the making. Once the other 2 are done, we will record. I don't know the 4 old songs because they were made with there old bassist. I will learn them next practice though.

BlockHead. The link to our site is in my sig, excuse the lameness of it. Daniel JR. is making it in technology class or some poop.

He wasn't famous or anything. He recorded with a few major bands I believe, but never actually "made it". He has the musicianship to be great, just not the showmanship.

Once again, I know this isn't anything to brag about. It is sorta cool... For me anyways. And, the chicks dig guys signed with labels... I think:(
  13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    can't contest with substantial, incontrovertible evidence.

this, on the other hand, is entirely dubious.
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member