1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My band just recorded its first song!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by a00nick, Apr 19, 2006.

1. a00nick

a00nick

Dec 28, 2005
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Whats up guys? My band, Fresh Pork and the Pantaloons, just recorded our first song. I just wanted to share it with everyone incase anybody likes it. Feed back would be great. Enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/freshporkandthepantaloons

~Nick

2. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    that's dam good for a first recording, my first wasn't near as good.

Interesting song. all the instrumentation sounded good. Was it a quickie recording at a studio? or part of a larger project? or done at home?

my only critique, (I know you didn't ask for it), would be that that it seemed a bit rushed.

the singing melody was interesting and he had some catchy lyrics, if it was just a little more laid back so those could come out more I think it would really help the tune.

Remember sure people like guitar and bass and drums, but it's really all about the song, people gotta hear and get at least the chorus of your song. that kinda equals making sure the vocal is heard easily and remembered.

3. a00nick

a00nick

Dec 28, 2005
    Chapel Hill, NC
    This song is going to be part of local highschool compilation CD. A friend of mine interns down at a local recording studio, so for $100 we got 3 hours recording time plus 20 of the final copies of the album (there are going to be about 13 bands on it) and we will sell the CDs for 5 bucks and break even. This is not the final mix, the lyrics will be a bit louder, but I see where your comming from. Thanks for the feedback.
    ~Nick Purbrick

4. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Well for three hours that's pretty damn tight. Whoever was recording did a bang up job for just having three hours to work with. Kudos to you.

Wish I was that good in highschool you guys got some chops for being so young.

5. a00nick

a00nick

Dec 28, 2005
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Thanks i really appreciate that. We recorded that song in about 2 hours so we wrote another song on the spot and recorded it, its this crazy ska punk song, when i get it ill put it up here for people to hear