1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My band just released an album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Nov 30, 2018.

1. learning_towalk

learning_towalk Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    My band is called The Foothills. We are an Americana Trio based out of Chattanooga who draw on influences like John Prine, Jason Isbell, and other songwriters who tread the line between roots, Bluegrass, country, southern gothic, etc.

The album is called Shadow of the Mountain. We had a few other Chattanooga musicians to play on it as well.

If you’re interested in listening, this link has Spotify, YouTube, and soundcloud listening options...but it can also be streamed on any major digital platform
    Music

I mostly used a Christopher upright on the album (mic’ed). On the opening track, I used my trusty old modified SX jazz bass

If you dig it, feel free to follow us on FB and IG @thefoothillsofficial.

hrodbert696 likes this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    You just got yourself a new fan!
    I love how the whole album pulls together as a concept...now get that online merch store up so's I can buy a copy!

learning_towalk likes this.
  3. learning_towalk

Mar 15, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Thanks so much! That’s really kind of you! I am actually working on getting the merch store set up, but if you want a physical copy, I am more than happy to send you one! $7 via PayPal shipped in the US and I’ll throw in a sticker for you too! Just shoot me a PM.

Oddly likes this.
  4. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Message sent, but it shows as 'not open to further replies' for me...so I'm not sure you've got it.

5. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    Good stuff. I liked Come Alive Again. I can see that one going over well live.

learning_towalk likes this.
  6. learning_towalk

Mar 15, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Oddly... got your message! Will respond ASAP.

Come alive again is fun to play. Here’s a recording...my intonation wasn’t so hot in this performance (nerves...big crowd) but it’s still fun.