My band kicked me out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Antipop, Sep 20, 2002.

1. My band kicked me out today. why? because I play more funk and jazz (in a metal band) but another reason was I didnt want to play only rythm bass.
    Im quite upset, it was quite a kick in the junk.

Why post this? Curious if this has happened to anyone else
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've been kicked many times, and I've kicked many people too.
    It's not that important, and actually the kicked guy should understand he needs to leave.
    When I think about it, I should have left the bands I got kicked from.
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    nope. Never been kicked out. Quit a couple of times for various reasons/differences, but always by my choice.
  4. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    I was kicked out in a strange deal about twenty years ago. Our band leader wanted to get rid of me for a friend of his and knew another band leader who needed a bass player. They decided amongst themselves that I would be "transferred" over to the new band. I resented not having any say in the matter. Yuck.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Kicked out, eh? Well, this could be the beginning of a good thing. STORY TIME! Theses 2 guys were visiting Atlanta to do some side work, when we get this freak April! :confused: Anyhoo, they had a gig in Milwaukee, and naturally, they couldn't make it, being that they were snowed in. The band leader called them long distance and fired them, forcing them to make thier side gig, their main source of income.

Oh yeah, the 2 dudes? Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. The band the were kicked out of? The Time.
  6. I always quited (3 times), just when the other members were beginning to like me.

I guess I can't handle affection. :D :rolleyes:
  7. yeah, got kicked out of a hardcore band because my lines were too ska sounding. sorry, but three note basslines are ****ing boring.