Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band let me finally solo!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by juanpauribe, Jun 22, 2002.

1. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    We were inventing a song, and we got to a part where we needed a new riff but nothing came out. So I started tapping something and the drummer came along and it sounded cool. But still, the guitars wanted to add something to my solo, so they tried and tried but nothing sounded good, so they finally gave up and said, why don’t we leave it a solo, and I was like yessssssss in your face ( im just kidding)

I feel so good!!!

2. awsome man... yeh.. i know where your coming fromm... like really, where is there space for a bass solo? but bam!! now there is fool... make room for the bass.

whooOooo

::mr t voice on ::
    i pity the song who doesnt have a bass solo
    ::mr t voice off ::

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Jazzbo is going to have a little talk with you after this

4. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I beleive that everysong, no matter what genre should have a 3 minute bass solo, followed by drum solo, and back to bass.

5. oh is he now? what of?
    :cool:

6. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    NO SOLO FOR YOU!

NEXT!

7. buttt butttt butttt... whHHAAAAA!!

Mom!!!!! *ToNeS* is smoking!!!!

( simpsons thing :D )

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Recently, my band agreed to remove the part where I solo. I was excited. Just goes to show, they're an understanding group of cats after all.

9. And i thought it was just me that didn't like solo-ing............

10. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I've gotten a bass solo or two in jazz band, but I didn't like doing it because we didn't have any sort of lead ins or anything. Suddenly it was band stops and I play a bass solo...just felt wierd to me. Sometimes I do interludes(on top of the music) in church mainly because we don't have a guitarist anymore that can solo(we lost 2 guitarist, ones only on a hiatus, but the other is gone permeantly)...our pianist sometimes does it, but not often because he's usually doing rhytym section type playing.

11. ya, convincing guitar players to let you solo is sometimes a challenge, but i've got a solo now. only problem is its a pulling teeth style solo, the song is just a bass solo, its not incorporated. all in good time... but for all you newbie bassist, going crazy on a bass ISNT a solo, its noise. making in key solos can be beautiful.

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Nope, I don't like it either. But, shhh, don't tell Durrl, he'll think it's because you have a complex!

13. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I don't think anybody thought that...