My band Live at OAP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Phil Mastro, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004

For all you Montrealers, my band, the tentatively named Master Bakers will be playing at McGill's OAP (open-air pub) wednesday august 31st at 6pm, at McGill's Downtown campus. If you're into bad grooving and out of tune fretless playing, this should be right up your alley! Jokes aside, we're a rock cover band, we play som Zep, RHCP, Cream, Aerosmith, and some newer stuff as well. OAP is a pretty happening place, so if you've got some buddies and free time, anyone's welcome. It is free by the way. Except for the food and beer. Well, i get free beer :D I don't really drink anyways...

anyways, maybe i'll see some of you guys there!
  2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    damn, got work otherwise I'd go, It'd be cool to meet up with some Montreal TBers, we should make a GTG
  3. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Darn Katrina, sending all this rain here to montreal... hence canceling my show for tonight. ARGH. :mad: It MIGHT be rescheduled, but I strongly doubt it.

Oh and sarge, a montreal GTG would be cool... we should try to get that to happen
  4. I walked through the campus everyday on my way home from work and got to hear the bands playing. Did yours get rescheduled? If so I may have heard you without knowing! A Montreal GTG is long overdue.
  5. Montreal GTG! I'm so up for that suggestion.

Did your show end up being rescheduled?
  6. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Oops, sorry, I missed this thread for a while.

Sadly, we didn't get rescheduled, which is extremely annoying, especially considering out of the whole 2 weeks that there were bands playing, it rained ONE DAY. So no, we didn't get to play there, and I missed my ticket to instant McGill fame and popularity.

However, we might get a gig at The Bishop Street Pub, (1222 Bishop) which would be super sweet. We played at the open mike a week and a half ago, and we might play again this week. Aparently, the bartender stopped bartending to listen when we started playing. I suppose we were doing something right. :D