my band...look

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by godsmack, Jul 24, 2001.

1. hey eveyone, take a look at my band's site.. it's

tell me what you think.
    Thanks ~ Godsmack.
  2. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    uh .... just looks like a few kids farting around ... my advice ? get some gigs (proper photo oppurtunities) and some sound files and whatever if you wanna get taken seriously.
  3. if you're going for the whole "joy of pain" nonsense, you should make the website a little, ah, darker. but if i wuz you, i'd just drop it. i agree with tones, you don't look like an actual band to be taken seriously. does your drummer have any actual drums, or just sticks?
  4. Hey I've played that club.

Is that place still called Mom and Pops bedroom?
  5. Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    let the smack talk begin
  6. looking at your pics, it's like watching the we are spinal tap vid, haha

minus the long hair and tashes,

hey jarred do you have a tinfoil cucumber too?

7. Wow, you guys are definately right. Godsmack, i'm going to have to agree with tones on this one. I mean, no offense, but that site is just...yeah. Definately listen to tones if you want people to take your music and your band seriously.
  8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    ok, now, one word came to mind there. Poser. Well, try moving down into the garage, have posters around. do you guys have any microphones or other amps??? i would be really hard for someone to take you serious with those little crappie amps you had there. get some pics with all your band too. maybe record something.
  9. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    hey im in a new band myself and we are going to make a website too. But in our case were not gonna have it up until its completely done with bios, lyrics, pics, sounds, shows, etc. I hate looking at incomplete sites of brand new bands because it makes it look like its a joke. My advice is dont give out ur url until the site is complete....and maybe u can find a friend thats actually good at web design.
    i have my friend who goes to a school for web design and he is in the process of makin our site.
  10. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Well, I think you're site's cool!

It's.....well......cute :D

But I think you can grasp what every else is saying without me having to say anything though. So take some action on it and let us see the results sometime. :)
  11. yeah you guys are pretty mean... :D

and yes the drummers does have drums but we couldn't bring them because we practice at his house and take the amps there... it was my dad's camera so he wouldn't let me take it... maybe when he gets to come to a show i can have him take some pictures, anyways thanks for your imput.. :)

"hey jarred do you have a tinfoil cucumber too?"
    and i don't get what your trying to insinuate???

and can someone tell me how to get the sound files you were talking about? we wanna do that but we don't know how to...
  12. The tinfoil cucumber is reffering to the scene where Derek Smalls goes through the metal detector and it goes off on him. The reason it went off was because he had a cucumber wrapped in tinfoil down his pants in order to give off the appearance of an enhanced package.
  13. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    some one answer the
    i wanna know how to get audio files up too!
  14. yes answer me.. :D and thank you for responding i was confused...
  15. Depends on how you wanna go about doing it. If you have a demo on cd or something you'll need to download a CD Ripper from or something which will turn them into mp3s. If you just wanna record little samples of guitar solos or a bassline or something, get a computer mic, put it next to your amp, go to sound recorder (comes with Windows), and record. If you wanna post 'em on your website learn how to use html. has some commands for how to post media files I believe. Hope that helped. :)
  16. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I would hate to see Stephen and Jarrett at their worst!
  17. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK

(ahem).... THUMBNAIL YOUR PICS!!! If I had DSL or some device that could condense time, I might know what your pics page looks like. As it is, I just don't have enough attention span to wait on it. So, unfortunatly I am unable to join in the dogpile of your pics other than those on the homepage. And those have already been covered. he he...

Thank you. :p
  18. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    The webpage looks good. But you should definately substitute those pics out for some real action shots. I have a page that looks much worse. :D
  19. StevenL

Jul 25, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Looks good so far...Just have fun with it; learn & create; and then you'll be on your way. It looks better than anything I could have done.