my band needs gigs!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hogie75, Jun 29, 2001.

1. hogie75

Jun 29, 2001
    Ok, well here's the thing. I'm a member of a punk rock group Wade. Well all the members are in high school in southern illinois, ans we have done everything around here that we can. we do mostly covers of some new some old songs. we can have out own P.A. stuff, but prefer to use others. If any one wants to give us a chance...reply to this.We are pretty good for being high schoolers and I hope some one wil give us a chance.
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Welcome to the board, Hogie!

I'm moving this thread to Miscellaneous where it'll get more exposure. Also, our classifieds are mostly for gear.
  3. want gigs ?

easy ! but it will cost you a little cash ( investment )

step 1 : record some music of your band

step 2 : transfer it to your PC

step 3 : use some wave-editor, and equalise the sound so that it sounds better.

step 4 : burn 200 CDR's with that music

step 5 : write down a phone-number on the CD's

step 6 : mail a CD to any club you can think of

step 7 : wait by the phone.

step 8 : gig !!!!!

Myself i have it a lot easier.. my band has toured with some big bands ( Fear factory, Stuck mojo ) so we have no problems in getting a gig.. but for beginning bands i think the 'send a demo'-method is the best
  4. Hey Allodox I love Fear Factory and don't mind Stuck Mojo. Whats your bands name? do you have websites/material i can listen to?? If your band does that style of music i'd love to hear it.

5. Or just mail the cd's to management companies, they make about 15% of what you gross, but they have the ability to get you in just about any club...
    By the way I don't mean big time management, I mean a small local management company....
  6. heheh.. yeah.. but first gigs usually don't pay that much.. :(

oy yeah.. Merlin.. i'll try to get some rehearsal-recordings online this week..
  7. Hard to get started if your not old enough to play in an establishment that serves alcohol.
  8. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i think the best way to get gigs is to go to a festival, play and then a leader of a band will see you play and then hire you. Polka gigs pay well.