1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My band opens for DevilDriver tomorrow! STOKED!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by hyp.spec, May 20, 2011.

1. hyp.spec

hyp.spec Supporting Member

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    DevilDriver are one of my favorite metal acts and my band has the honor to open for them tomorrow at HARPOS!

YEA!

Just wanted to say that :)

2. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    That will be fun, Congrats!

3. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    Nice, man! I haven't listened to much DevilDriver, but I was big into Coal Chamber when they were around.

4. SICCKKKKKK!!!

good job buddy. pop quiz for you - what was unique about devil driver when they started out in relation to their bass player? :)

5. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    DevilDriver kix arse!

6. hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI

School me.

7. their original bass player played a stand up bass! they had that whole swing rockabilly thing going for them!

pretty cool but he really didnt have the speed to keep up with the rest of the band and they mutually thought that not playing together was best.

8. ps - how did the show go!?

9. hyp.spec

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    EFFING AWESOME.

We were the 3rd band before DeviL Driver but I swear out pit was easily, EASILY the best besides DevilDrivers.

We schooled it!

10. I have to admit my jealousy, I'm a pretty big DevilDriver fan, congrats!

11. swinging the dead!