Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band played a gig with out me

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Jul 22, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    OK, I am in a band with a couple of 7th graders. I am going into High School... I went to a different school than these guys... I have known the Guitarist forever... Here is the deal, tey ask the principal of their school if they can play at the school carnival. She says yes. Instead of asking me to join them, the drummers dad plays bass. And the songs weren't even hard... I think it was "All the Small Things" and...Some other Blink182 song... I got screwed... This was in March or April and I'm still pissed.

2. That sucks man. Are you still with that "band"?

3. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Haha, just imagine how foolish they are for playing a blink182 song with one of their dads.

4. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    good point

5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    Ya... the thing is... u cant call us a band... I have never met the drummer much less played with him... I play with the guitarist offten... the drummer is to lazy to move his drums around to practice and makes lame excuses as to why we cannot play at his house... a few mor weeks of this crap and ill take one of my two other offers.

6. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Dude, just leave those hosiers. A guitarist friend of mine ditched a bassist :eek: because the bassist was one lazy ass fat guy. I honestly think that guy is only posing as a bassist as well as other things, just to say he is in a band. Check this out.

Dumb Bass:"I can play anything as long as I have a tab for it."

My drummer:"Can you play Flea's Rare Bass Solo?"

Dumb Bass:"I've never heard of it. But if theres a tab I can play it."

Me and my drummer had loads of fun laughing at that for a couple hours.

7. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    i probably will if i get some rocker friends in high school... other wise... ILL GIVE UP BASS, LEARN BANJO, AND PLAY THE FRIGGIN COUNTY FAIR FOR 42$ A POP!..........or not

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The good thing about being a bassist is it's real easy to find a new band if you don't like the one (or three) that you're already in.

9. get used to it, i'm in the 6th grade, looking for a very VERY serious bandmates. the last band i was in had 2 bassist, me and the drummers friend who sucked balls. they tell me 3 week later that i'm their "manager".. like a band with only one song needs a manager.. i am so serious about this band, i am willing if i have to to sacrafice friendship for it...

10. now thats funny

11. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    wait a second u meant hosers right, cuz i know u didnt mean hoosiers. I am a hoosier cuz i live in indy.

12. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    I'm gonna have to go with hosers.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's that danged long sig of yours. It cranks your karma. And I like it French style: hoseurs.

14. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    munjibunga, that pic scares me......:(