Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band, please take a listen and give feedback

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lazlo Panaflex, May 26, 2004.

1. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    hey guys this is post hardcore stuff so some of you guys will probably not like it right off the bat, but i would appreciate any comments/feedback on it ;)

www.purevolume.com/varota

take a listen to "my violin" seems to be the favorite.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    My violin is a good song. but the mix is not right. Needs more kick. More bass. More lows in general. I like the style. May want to tone down the reverb on the vocals and bring them a bit farther in front. Timing on the little interlude thing with the guitar is a bit strange. It really is the style I like. But I want to hear more vox, bass, and kick.

This is digital has a good in your face rock feel. The kind of song that would make me start speeding down the interstate. But I don't know if there was a flange on the vox in there, but the streamed quality is absolute crap. So I really can't comment on the mix, it's impossible to tell.

Same witht the mix on Chuck Norris mows my lawn. I do like the guitar. Good riffage. More bass, more kick, more vox. But in all, another song I would definitely listen to. about 1:20 or so, there is an incessant tapping that gets to be too much really fast that is caused by the over-reverbing on the snare. I think your drum sound needs to be super clean. Guitars verbed a nice healthy amount, but vox pulled back a bit too. As far as musicality, I like it.

4. nice songs, i like the guitar riffs in the beginning of chuck norris and my violin.

my favorite is my violin, it sounds like new found glory, only with talent...

i love the tone of all the instruments, they all cut through very well, and sound cool as well.

Charlie

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I can't hear any of that. Damn Purevolume.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good stuff man! I agree with folks about some spots slipping out too far, but overall I like it a lot.

7. I like the vocal harmonies on My Violin. For the most part you guys sound tight, but there are a few sections where the drummer seems to rush a little bit.

8. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Yeah, what they've said. Great stuff though. I really dug 'This Is Digital'. The interlude guitar part of 'My Violin' needs to "speed things up".

I think you'd dig a band called Anberlin. They completely rock and seem to be up your alley...ooh ooh Juliana Theory? I'm having a hard time pinning down your influences but the names are on the tip of my tongue.

9. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    I appreciate all the responses so much, thank you guys. Trevorus i think you hit everything that kind of went wrong right on the head. Thanks for the feedback and comments guys i appreciate it.

10. mishi_ono

mishi_ono

May 7, 2004
    Oakland, CA
    a nice listen.
    musicality was nice.

good job! how is the scene down there in irvine?

11. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    the scene is VERY strong down here in irvine, almost too strong haha.