Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by schmittuml, May 20, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    http://www.alwaystomorrow.net - there are clips on it but no more mp3s cause the album is onsale, btu if you IM me i can send a song or two. Its alt-rock not stuff i usually listen to but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE critique it. Be as brutal as you can, lol. Thank You

-Brian

2. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
  3. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    what does bump ,mean

4. bigsneeze2005

bigsneeze2005 Guest

May 13, 2005
    Southampton, England
    what a ****ty, scratchy recording!

5. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    which track is scratchy???????

6. To me, it sounds pretty bright, too bright, listening through my klipsch promedia's on my pc with sub. The music as a whole sounds kinda trebly to me, and the mastering seems kind of haphazard, like someone wasn't sure how to eq the various instruments, vocals, and drums. On a positive note, it's damn sappy, you better start playing where chicks hang out in your town, which is a very very good thing. :D

7. bigsneeze2005

bigsneeze2005 Guest

May 13, 2005
    Southampton, England
  8. bigsneeze2005

bigsneeze2005 Guest

May 13, 2005
    Southampton, England
    OK, first of all - good vocals.
    'Hear Me' - the cybals are too bright and everything else sounds relatively muddy.
    'When is over' - the cybals are utterly overpowering (slap the drummer and recording engineer).
    'A better Pain' - great song but everything sounds a bit muddy and garage-recorded and the drummer is out of time (lazy snare beats!).

Summary - I expect the band sounds very good live, and simply needs a quality recording to to itself justice.

Bye, Matt 'The Backseat Driver'.

9. bigsneeze2005

bigsneeze2005 Guest

May 13, 2005
    Southampton, England

Yep - that's exactly it!

Also, your jams are kinda groovey, and, speaking of drummers, your's does quite a nice cymbal thing on the second download.

10. bigsneeze2005

bigsneeze2005 Guest

May 13, 2005
    Southampton, England
    And update your site with more recordings when you can.