Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my band (SignsofLife) on soundclick.com

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by neptoon, Jul 1, 2005.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've never linked any of my playing here on talkbass, but i've got enough raw data to at least post _something_ on here and get you guys' opinions on what i'm doing...with this band i pretty much recorded everything to a click track a week before i transferred from bangor washington to where i'm at now in king's bay, georgia, so when everyone else had a chance to lay down there tracks, and record multiple takes (i only had time to do maybe two takes), the songs changed a little from what i recorded...you guys will notice that the bass lines are riddled with mistakes...don't worry! i just got back from sea, so i'm flying to washington to fix everything! you'll also notice that the bass line to 'i'm calling you out' was heavily influenced by our own john turner's 'versatile residue'. i haven't talked to john about it, but i have two versions recorded...and i really hope that i haven't infringed on a copyright...if i have, PLEASE let me know...i have absolutely NO IDEA how this all works

:bag:

so, here's a link, and let the crap fly...only a couple of you guys have heard me play at all, so i hope i don't scare the bejeezus out of anyone...and some other stuff...the guy that did the site for us can't spell for crap...yes, i know that spector and eden are misspelled...i've voiced that it needs to be fixed...i recorded all of this with sonar producer's edition and used a spector ns5crfm and a DI'ed eden navigator with everything just about flat

Signs of Life

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, i thought it was kinda cool :D

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow...i must suck

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Tell you what, I been looking for Navigator clips everywhere and you just made me pull the trigger on one. :smug:

As far as the recording goes, the mixing needs some help. It's a bit raw but good rock n roll sound.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, i'm glad i was able to help you out with something...i've had that navigator for probably two years now, and i had a metro with an extension cab before that since '98 or '99, and i think i'll always have an eden around somewhere, even if i decide to go in another direction...i think they're awesome...and you're right, there's no mix to that at all...it's really rough, but i wanted to put something on here as soon as i could...thanks for the input!