My band: Vice Like Grip

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PauBass, Jul 10, 2008.

1. PauBass

PauBass

Apr 25, 2006
    Brighton, UK
    :meh:

After looking for a band for quite a while and not being able to find anything interesting I decided to join Vice Like Grip. Not the best band around but surely a great bunch of guys that love what they do and put the effort into it.

I've been playing bass for them for about 8 months and we decided it was time to head into the studio and lay down some new tracks. Over the past weekend we went into the studio and recorded 3 new songs... what a great experience it was! It's been a long time for me not recording properly and I was really missing it.

Please, check us out on MySpace and let us know what you think... Feedback will be highly apreciated.

http://www.myspace.com/vicelikegrip

The new songs are the first three on the list: Let You Down, Circles and Loosing Our Senses.

Cheers guys!

2. rhix

rhix

May 14, 2007
    Not totally my style of music but you had some real nice and tasteful bass lines throughout. i enjoyed some of the vocal melodies as well. You really made some otherwise stock sounding bubblegum punk sound much more interesting than it otherwise would've been.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'll be more blunt about it, I loathe this style of music, so I won't comment too much. But I will say your bass lines are pretty awesome, a lot of punkish bassists attempt "walking" bass lines, but end up just doing generic arpeggio stuff. You seem to put more thought into your bass playing than that, which is always cool.

Catchy/fun/melodic stuff: Boy I really hates it. :D

Sorry dude, I don't like what you guys do, but you do it well.

4. Fixed it for you :)

5. PauBass

PauBass

Apr 25, 2006
    Brighton, UK
    Thanks a lot guys for your feedback and I'm glad you like the basslines. This being said by fellow bass players means a lot to me.

As you have said this is all about catchy,fun,melodic stuff.

Not my dream band and not the music I would like to be doing right now since I'm more about rocky, funky stuff but finding the right band is difficult.

Don't get me wrong, this is what I'm doing and it's good fun and they are nice people.

Thanks for correcting that.

6. jsirish

jsirish

Aug 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    It's well done stuff, Pablo! The music is neat, crisp, fun, the basslines are simple but sound "right" and they sit well in the mix, the vocals are bang on...
    I added you guys, so I must have liked it!:cool:

7. Sounds like they are lucky to have you. Really like your playing. Rock on.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021