Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Band Won an Award!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Oct 6, 2004.

1. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    OK not too big of a deal realy but we entered the Billboard Song Writing contest for our song "Photograph" no it's not a Def Lepoard cover! :p We recieved an Honerable Mention Award placing in the top 1500 and scoring a 7 out of 10 overall. Hey it's just a baby step but definitely a step in the right direction. We are headed into the studio this Saturday here in Hollywierd to record a 3 song demo. Actually reworking that song too. I had the 71 precision out the other day really thinking of using that one in the studio sounds amazing! I really shouldn't be that afraid of playing it I just want to keep it safe.
    RAWK ON!
    Joe
    www.39reasons.com

2. Very cool and congrats! It's always a good feeling...I wish you the best of luck with that recording. And the 71 I bet sounds purdy....any links to your song?

My band (the Curtain Society) placed in the top 50 in the CMJ/Coca Cola contest 2 years ago... Carbon Leaf won, but the feeling is great just the same.

3. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good question! and can't believe I forgot!! :p You can hear the full version of it here:
    www.myspace.com/39reasons
    There's another song on there called One More Chance if you feel like listening. It's not my favorite but a pretty good song.
    Thanks for the congrats!

4. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    and a belated congrats on the CMJ/Coca Cola it sure is a nice feeling. Especially with all the closed doors around us in this business something possitive is rare!

5. Not bad. There must have been a lot of songs if the top 1500 got prizes.

Still, it's a remarkable accomplishment. Congratulations!!

:D

Rock on
    Eric:ninja: