1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Band Won an Award!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Oct 6, 2004.

1. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    OK not too big of a deal realy but we entered the Billboard Song Writing contest for our song "Photograph" no it's not a Def Lepoard cover! :p We recieved an Honerable Mention Award placing in the top 1500 and scoring a 7 out of 10 overall. Hey it's just a baby step but definitely a step in the right direction. We are headed into the studio this Saturday here in Hollywierd to record a 3 song demo. Actually reworking that song too. I had the 71 precision out the other day really thinking of using that one in the studio sounds amazing! I really shouldn't be that afraid of playing it I just want to keep it safe.
    RAWK ON!
    Joe
    www.39reasons.com

2. Very cool and congrats! It's always a good feeling...I wish you the best of luck with that recording. And the 71 I bet sounds purdy....any links to your song?

My band (the Curtain Society) placed in the top 50 in the CMJ/Coca Cola contest 2 years ago... Carbon Leaf won, but the feeling is great just the same.

3. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good question! and can't believe I forgot!! :p You can hear the full version of it here:
    www.myspace.com/39reasons
    There's another song on there called One More Chance if you feel like listening. It's not my favorite but a pretty good song.
    Thanks for the congrats!

4. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    and a belated congrats on the CMJ/Coca Cola it sure is a nice feeling. Especially with all the closed doors around us in this business something possitive is rare!

5. Not bad. There must have been a lot of songs if the top 1500 got prizes.

Still, it's a remarkable accomplishment. Congratulations!!

:D

Rock on
    Eric:ninja: