My band- yay or ney? You decide.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ebladeboi123, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Well, awhile ago i got together with some guys. And ya, we've been together for a long time. We now have about 17 originals (around, and many that are "rough" if you will).
    or... (friend us if you want or w/e)

Anyway, I play, ya i know my bass work in this band is not phenomianal, but the songs don't call for much in all honesty. And in our newer stuff, I'm able to groove it out alot more, which is nice. Anyway, if you guys can, I'd like to hear some opinions, whether you guys like it or not, what you think needs work.

Yes i realize the recordings sound digital, and for that I apologize, we're expirementing with different studios, and thought we liked this one, and obviously we will not be useing this studio ever again.

One last thing, if you like it- shoot me a pm and i'll tell you how to get the 4 song cd (sorry if it sounds like im advertising... but people gotta know ;) )
  2. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
  3. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Oh, my bad. Was that a vote for nay? If so do you have a reason, or any constructive critism. Looking for ways that we can improve.
  4. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Hey bros..sound good ...i really like the stuff .The fuzzy black dress was a kinda a rip off of a tune cant remember what but hey its cool.Really like the 3rd song on the web site cool vibe had me tapping my foot. I live just below ya... (Akron) and think for a bunch of young guys you rock. Keep it up and whats cool is you dont try to be another..... i'm sad and wearing dark eyeliner cookie cutter boy band with an attitude. :hyper:
    Im hoping to get in a band soon and wish i had the time and yoouth like you guys to make it work. Good luck.
  5. I dig it. Not at all what I was expecting. Recording does sound wierd as you mentioned, and I'd be interested in hearing you guys in warmer, fuller recording. Bass playing definitely fits the music.
  6. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    We're having a hard time finding a "warm" environment without it costing 100000000 dollars.
  7. Bass81

Oct 25, 2003

I dig man.

I added you guys at my space. I go by the name "Jaco Pastorious was the greatest" there.
  8. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    thanks for friending us :tup: