"my band"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bass of Spades, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Bass of Spades

Bass of Spades

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm not sure if this post belongs here, but here it goes anyways.

At what point do you stop saying "the band that I'm in." and instead, say "my band."?

Or is it "a band that you're in" if you weren't there when it started? Or what if someboady else put out the flyer to gather muscians, is it "their band"?

I dunno. It's 1:00am and I have rehersal at noon and can't play a full measure without caughing up what looks to be blood. (One hell of a cold)

Ciao for now,
  2. I come to think of a riddle:
    Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Don't overanalyze this!

Live a little - call it Your band!

I'll admit there's a honeymoon phase when You're still feeling You're on an extended audition, but that wears off in a couple of weeks, and from that point on You've definitely earned the right to call it Your band.

Or do You call Your house "the banks house" if You've still got mortgages do pay?

If someone takes offence with You calling it Your band explain to them it's because they've made You feel at home in it...
    So it's their fault!! :smug:

3. munificent

Mar 15, 2005
    If you're not sure, ask your bandmembers.
  4. Right before the singer and/or guitarist kick you out for being so egotistical. Just kidding... but I go with "our band"
  5. +1 Keith.

As Billie Joe said... "There is 'I' in 'band'" (don't know if he stole it from somewhere but hey)..

Our band. Sometimes I say my... But usually "our".
  6. sethik

May 26, 2005
    Manchester England
    well i founded my band so im safe:) but the last band i was in i referred to as "my band" i just didnt say "my guitarist" ot "my Drummer"