my band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by arose11, Feb 13, 2003.

1. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    :bassist: this is just a demo of my band angry ostrich, everyone in our school seems like everyone has a demo. Tons of people came because we were playing at a dance, we even had crowd surfing;) and everyone was dancing. We are 1/2 original 1/2 covers. for a 15 yr old its not bad

PS NEVER LEAVE YOUR GUITARIST ALONE TO DO THE MIXING!!!!! he didn't add enough of me even though it is repetitive it fits well
  2. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
  3. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Toss up between Misc. and Recordings. Misc. won, so here ya go! :D

PS - Didn't listen to it before I posted, but I shall.
  4. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    no one eh???
    i guess i can take rejectment...:bawl:
  5. Terrible mix and vocals, but tight playing. Your guitarist has very little musical sense--he's too loud and way too trebly-sounding.
  6. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    yeah kind of a hack job on the vocals and mixing, my lead guitarist is the singer, and he is trebely sounding probably cause he keeps one setting on his amp and he got new strings that day so...
    but what do you guys think about the song in general??

thanks for the replies!
  7. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    *brutal honesty mode on*

The recording and mix are terrible, but you already brushed on that in your post as dig the smug bastard himself.

The singer needs to work on his.. well.. singing. He wanders in and out of pitch terribly which is very distracting from the rest of the music.

The song itself isn't bad, it isn't great either. There isn't anything really solid to lock onto, no good hook if you will.

Keep at it, and maybe save some bread for some time in an actual recording studio.
  8. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Yup yup..more bass as said. I like the song. Re-record with better vocals and better mix. BIng Bang Boom..your on MTV.
  9. :mad:

I cant even play the file,what'd you guys play it thru?

10. Seems pretty boring to me, but lately I've been on a hardcore trip. I can see why others would like it though.