my band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by patrickroberts, Dec 3, 2000.

1. patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    I really need some suggstions on where to play and practice with my band. also we r starting to think about trying to get a record contract would the best way to be play local pubs & lcubs or send tapes of to reocrd companies?
  2. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

We don't know you well enough to give you any real advice. Please take a minute or two to fill out your profile. :

3. bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    Don't worry about the recording contract, if your band is good enough they'll find you. My suggestion would be to concentrate on playing together as often as possible.
    You want the band to be tight, to the point that each of you can anticipate what the others are going to do, I have heard a lot of bands where each of the members are great individually, but sound like sh*T together, and I have heard bands that are extremely limited on talent, but sound great together, one of the latter would be AC/DC.
    The whole concept of playing to an audience is to entertain them.
  4. Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas

Yah but as in life, it can't hurt if they don't have too look very far, such as right in front of them. I wouldn't be too worried but if you don't at least think about it and try it probably wont happen unless you are AWSOME. Its about being at the right place at the right time doing the right thing. So start networking get a promoter or somebody(other similar bands that are doing good) to push your stuff to the record companys. In other words, increase you chances by happining to be every where the record company looks. If your band sucks none of this will help, but if you are good enough this might speed the process up. I will admit that i don't have the experience that alot of people here have but this stuff is just common since.

5. patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
  6. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Wow....chill out a smidge there Patrick. There's a bunch of great advice up there...some of which I can use!!!

I have one favor to ask of Ed or any other Double Bassists who read this one...I have a post in the setup section asking for measurements for a bass I am making. Any measurements from you guys would help tremendously. Thanks!