Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Band's acoustic demo type thingy...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Justin V, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Over the summer, my band (which consists of me on bass and vocals, Tyler and Fred on guitar) spent the vast majority of our time cranking out songs while half-heartedly looking for a drummer. With about a month left in the summer (after which we would all be going to schools nowhere NEAR each other), we decided to simply record our songs acousticly, which Fred and Tyler kinda preferred to play anyway. We were able to do three songs at my best friend's dad's recording studio ("Marsha", "Tragic World" and "Happy Scrappy Emo Song"). So those sound really good. However, because of Fred's inability to free himself up for extended periods of time, we had to hastily record our other three songs ("12:20", "Greyish", and "Bloody Sleeves") by plugging Fred's acoustic/electric Martin into my laptop and using Garage Band. Those don't quite sound as good, but they're decent. Though I really shouldn't have done the vocal part to "Bloody" at 1:30 AM (when I kinda remembered the lyrics which were in New Jersey with Tyler at the time).

Anyway, enough of my rant, here's a link to our soundclick page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/afairwelldevicemusic.htm

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Bumpity-Bump-Bump.

C'mon guys. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pretty please?