Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band's being reviewed this Saturday!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Jun 15, 2005.

1. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    My band 39reasons is going to be reviewed by Music Connection this Saturday. I sure hope we don't suck! :p We are playing in Los Angeles at Molly Malone's on Fairfax if you're in the area come on out and say yo! This will be our first "big" review.
    Rawk On!
    Joe

2. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    So how did it go? I hope you had a great gig without any major problems or glitches. Let us know what happened.

3. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey thanks for asking! Well it wasn't our "best" show but it wasn't our "worst" show either. We are really over critical on ourselves too which is something we need to work on. There were a few mistakes that we were a little bit upset with but watching it back on video they weren't as obvious as we thought. We always make sure we NEVER stop the song no matter what happens. (thankfully big mistakes like that never happen) Our tempo was really fast too. It was back lined so it's always weird plugging into an amp your not used to. The drummer has it the toughest though having to play a foriegn kit. However we feel that we are professional enough to be able to handle whatever the situation calls for. So we can't make excuses. A few dumb things happened like the singer stepping on my tuner when he was jumping around cutting out the bass for a minute but I caught it pretty quickly.
    So overall I dont think it was terrible but we are capable of much better. I think we will probably get an average to good review but nothing exceptional. Next time we do this we need to have a small warm up show. We took a month off to write more which was cool but hurt us a little because it has been about two months sense we had played out.
    Oh well we'll just have to wait to see what MC has to say we can take it!!!