Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band's debut!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GSPLBASSDC, May 28, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    1st gig is tonight in a jazz club here in Des Moines. We are pumped up and expecting some summer event promoters to be in the audience along with friends and family (of course). We're well rehearsed, and I've played hundreds of church services, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Any last minute advice from some of you experienced players for club giggin' newbie???

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Not really any advice, but good luck! Be prepared, and have a lot of fun. Life's too short for bad gigs.

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Aiight...Thanks, Govithoy!

4. Relax......and most of all.......HAVE FUN!!!

5. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks, JP!

The gig was a lot of fun!!!! No nerves, no issues...except the drummer (who is a rock drummer) kept getting out of pocket 'cause he was so excited...but he's moving on to a rock band, so no need in worrying about that now. We played some R&B and blues standards, plus 4 funk/jazz songs we just made up on stage. The guitar player and I were both out in the audience during one songs... he was tapping and I was slappin'....what a blast!!!! :D

We had about 30 people we invited plus the club's normal audience, so they was a pretty good crowd. Most people couldn't believe we had only been together for 3 weeks... matter of fact, the club owner wanted to hire us for this weekend!!! :hyper: I told her we'd have to look at it during rehearsal 'cause we'd have to add a lot more material.

Anyway, it was fun and thanks again to jp and Govithoy for the encouragement!!