Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band's first gig with me as bassist

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by karma_police, May 14, 2004.

1. karma_police

karma_police

May 14, 2004
    Argentina
    Hi there.

Here's an URL and an ed2k link to the mp3s of my first gig with my band as a bassist. I've been playing Rythm guitar for two years with the band (been playing guitar for 10 years). Well...it's a common story....couldn't find a bass player, so I went to the shop and bought myself one. I must say that I should've took that desicion 10 years ago, because I found that it's so much cooler than playing guitar...

Been learning to play bass for five months now, and an opportunity to play at a local bar came up, so we took it.

The recording is kinda crappy but it's acceptable since it was took from a camcorder.

Basically, I would like to know your opinion about the band, but most of all focus on the bass lines (the voice is actually from the lead guitar, he is not a singer, but our singer left too).

Well...here it is...
    http://hendrix.gotdns.com/files/GITD-CVRN-LIVE-2004/
    and the ed2k link:
    ed2k://|file|Glow.in.the.Dark.-.Cavern.2004.rar|16532391|C43498D08B97361B84450B261A3430E0|/

Thanks a lot!
    PD: The band is called "Glow in the Dark" and we are from Argentina, anyways, most of the songs are in english.