1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My band's first music video

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nico Zottos, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    Hey guys. Could you do me a favor and check out my band's first music video? We were hoping to get some feedback on it and spread it around! We'd appreciate if you refrain from leaving negative comments on the video itself but feel free to post them here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRb34OyHm4A

P.S. it IS a home recording, so I know it isn't the greatest.

Thanks guys!

Nico

2. Pretty neat!

Perhaps I am over-analyzing here but the editing is a bit distracting, TO ME. for example, in one shot the drummer is on the ride and in the next one, he's on the hi hats. Or where is that tambourine coming from!?!

Good music though, I liked it :)

3. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    Haha unfortunately we have a lot of instruments in the recording that we couldn't possibly play since one of our members played all of them such as violin, accordion, etc. But yeah we could've picked up a tambourine. Thanks for the input though, it's our first music video so we like to hear what we can improve!

Nico

4. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    Don't know if it's just my connection but the lip sync seems way out. Otherwise a good effort!

5. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    ya that drummer tripped me out when he was playing the floor tom and the snare but in the song it is the hi hat and snare! Cool tune

Really dig your guys cover of "My Generation"

6. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    Yeah there are a few parts with the syncing off unfortunately and it had to do with the way we filmed it do we were kinda stuck. But thank you guys! And thanks for checking out our other stuff, too!

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Great job for a home brew video. I also noticed the sync being a little off but it's really no big deal. If every video was perfect they would be pretty boring, imo.