1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My bands first recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TobiasJonsson, Mar 7, 2008.

1. "My" band have been playing together for about a year, all of the member is around 15-16 years old.
    during a short schoolbreak we turnd to a private studio and recorded a short demo of two songs that you can lissten to here on our myspace:

Myspace.com/Sanctuaris

Do you have any thoughts or critics about the songs?:smug::bassist:

Ps im fron sweden so my english is'nt perfect:bag:

2. Not really my style of music but it sounded great. You guys are pretty dang tight.

3. ooh thanks:) glad to hear that all those hours of rehearsing wer'nt usles :hyper:

4. MarchingPig

MarchingPig

Jan 16, 2007
    Norway
    Dude, what´s with the hair...? :D Some points of critisism. I think the scream-vox are overdone on the Eden-song. Should only be used to emphasize some parts. Also seems like the lyrics are forced sometimes. And the drummer should lay off the highhat once in a while. Sounds like it keeps going on forever.

Promising, considering your age.

5. Are you refering to my hair on myspace? if so i only have to say that it's a old picture. i got tired of it and did dreadlocks of it all (althought i thought it was charming in som strange way;))
    About that scraming thing I agree with you. We'll be thinking of that in the future:p
    Thanks overall for the critic!

6. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    wow, I really like it! I love metal bands with female vocalists, and yours is definitely a keeper!

you guys sound kinda like After Forever in a way, ever listen to them?

7. Ganja

Ganja

Jan 18, 2008
    Muncie, IN
    I really dig. Pretty good stuff. In fact I'll add your band on MySpace.

8. reverb508

reverb508

Jan 6, 2008
    Not bad. I'm not the hugest fan of bands like Nightwish (which I'm assuming you draw some inspiration from), but you guys have some obvious talent. The production was very nice as well. Very tight.

9. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    ya know who you guys remind me of as well?

Dark Moor

definitely check em out, you'll like em.

10. Thanks for all good words :D Makes me happy!:hyper:

And I'll check out those band, sounds cool from what I heard on the Tube :p

11. I'll be glad if you guys continue to give critique.:hyper:
    And even thout i love to hear all nice word, I stilll wonder if maybe its something that you think is wrong or if we should practice on something? :bag:

12. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    hm...

try and switch up your bass lines so that they don't match the guitarist all the time. A little diversity is a good thing.

also: tell your vocalist to ditch the dreads. She'd be alot prettier without em ;)

13. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    oh, and when you play live, try to headbang in time to each other.

14. that would be the last thing I would say!:eek:

15. ooh yeah, the video you can se on myspace is half a year old. we headbang in time nowdays :smug:

16. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    hey man, do you have a CD I could buy?

17. Not yet, those songs on myspace is our first recordings and we will wait untill we have a few more songs recorded before we relase anything.

But you can always download the songs from myspace (bad quality but it at least something:smug:)
    And send it to all your friends and lett them know about us :cool: :D

18. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    heh, sweet!

say, are you guys gonna be touring the US anytime soon? (I imagine not, but I figured I'd ask anyway).

19. Haha that made me laugh a bit:D
    No we wont tour US in the near future (And not anywere else by the way).
    We dont have the time, money or experience yet.
    For now we are lucky to play once every other month:smug::meh:

20. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    You guys sound really good. No seriously, you are well beyond your years. You call yourself death metal...but actually you guys have a progressive vibe going on. Check out Opeth. I think you will like them.

Nice to see so many bands using keys these days.

I think if you guys stick together and dont get distracted you will go far. Just stay focused and remeber the music always comes first . The songs always come first. Keep your egos in check. Dont expect quick and easy fame. It may take a lot of work and many years of toil. Don't give up. It's all about the music anyway, not fame and fortune. Always put the music first. Never stop developing the mastery of your instruments and voice. Eventually you all may become so good that you cannot be ignored.