..My bands guitarist (1 of) and singer couldve been killed today..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Nov 29, 2002.

1. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yo, my guitarist has his own car, and him and the singer were driving around in it today.

Anyway, they came up to my college (they're 2 yrs older than me), then after a while of talking about the band etc', they drove off, with another of my mates following them in his car.

About 10 minutes after, my mate came back, saying how theyd had a crash, at which point i froze, and for some reason he had a dgi-cam on him and took this pic:

What happened was they swerved to aviod a cyclist on a tight corner, and skidded off into a ditch, luckily none of them wer ehurt, surpising as there was a 4x12 marshall cab and a peavey 5150 head in the back.
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    and another:

ive a feeling band practice may be off tomorow..;)
  3. Whoa, that's crazy.

Thank God for seatbelts right?
  4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Thank god they werent hurt. My sisters boyfriends brother just got killed today in a car accident.:(

They were realy close too. Im not quite sure what to make of it yet...:(
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I lost a guitarist to a car accident almost a year ago

6. Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    I was in a car accident similar to that just over a year ago. My friend/singer had a Datsun 240Z with a Corvette engine in it. Thought he could take a corner faster than the warning said he ought to. We missed smashing into a huge stone wall by an inch, literally, and landed into a freshly worked potato field after clearing three small ditches. As sick as it sounds, the ride was fun. The scratch on the cornea of my right eye wasn't. I will never trust a Datsun's seats or seatbelts again though, I broke both during the accident. The really sick part about all this is that he came out totally unharmed only to have the car crush his legs six months later while he was working on it.
  7. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    About the best thing you can say about an accident like that is that they lived to tell about it.

When I was 22, I got broadsided by a drunk driver -- totaled the car, but my sisters and I walked away with a few cuts and bumps.

Just goes to show -- it CAN happen to you.

Glad your band buddies are okay.

P.S. What happened to the cab and the amp?