Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Band's Live Demo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Superdave, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Here's a link to my band's new live demo. http://www.mp3.com/glitterfish It only has two songs uploaded now (to upload to MP3.com, unless you pay, they don't put them up for 2-8 weeks). The actual CD has four tracks on it.

Guitarist/Singer is using a Fender American Strat, playing out of one of those Limited Series Capricorn (I think?) amps from the '70s. I'm playing a Fender Jazz bass through a Trace Elliot Boxer amp.

The song's were recorded with an old recorder from the '70s. I then recorded through a stereo recorder into my computers in line. Recorded on the computer with a Cool Edit 2000 demo.

The quality itself sucks, since the recorder is a POS. It was recorded in little time, we had a show to rehearse for, and our signer/guitarist was going (is now) to Brazil. The PA we used is messed up, but it's better than nothing.

The style is a mix of rock and reggae. If you've heard of The Urge, it's like that but mellower.

2. Fleckbass211

Fleckbass211

Mar 20, 2003
    My Room
    I like this stuff, i can sit back and listen to it and enjoy it.