my bands logo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Duff_Man182, Jan 13, 2002.

1. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    pretty cool. I'm guessing you're in a punk band of some sort.
  2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It's pretty cool. Don't know if I "get it," but it's cool nonetheless.
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Looks like the head off of go-kart records logo.
  4. looks like some OI band or a irish punk band
  5. I like the words, but the head....hmmm...MXPX???

6. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I'm not a fan of the way the letters look compared to the head. Flowery vs Hardcore.
  7. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    sorry man, it does kinda remind me of the mxpx kid logo. i dont know if lucky strike would agree to much on the name. after all they have money for big lawyers. even 311 got in trouble for a logo they had that resembeled a 711 logo. or take metallica for example, they sued some wheel shop for calling a wheel "metallica" or something like that.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    God lars is an ass. If you like the name, go for it. i mean, my bands called polly. how stupid is that? BUT WE LIKE IT! AND WE LIKE THE LOGO! I think the logos a little to complicated. buts its all good man,
  9. duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    I think you should change the letter colours and their overall shape. Otherwise not bad
  10. Notactualyabass

Jan 14, 2002
    It looks like you've just done it in 5 minutes on Paint:D
  11. hey some of the best pieces of design you see and have seen are done in 5 seconds, and not in paint

time is not a factor in the quality of a design, it's how the idea is allplied.

i think its o.k, if you like it well hey, thats what matters. especially if it gets you noticed

12. Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    ahhhh man i just found out that luckie strike is already taken!!! :mad: :( we need a new name now...come on help me out lucky something...
  13. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    yeah i always wondered about other bands having the same name.

like prodigy the rapper and prodigy the electronica group.

and im in a band named Synapsis...there are other Synapsises around...but we feel that it isnt that big of a problem....its not like its a made up name like metallica...its a real word.
  14. Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    hey i like lucky break pretty cool.....we were thinking of maybe using lucky which is it ppl??? lucky days or lucky brake
  15. Lucky Brake

And I would either put the text over the angry head or lose the angry head. It's angry cos its been left on its own at the bottom right?

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Are you going to be a mechanism for stopping a moving object that is accustomed to fortuitous circumstances?
  17. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    That's exactly what I thought of when I read that. :D I do believe you guys mean "Lucky Break," but "brake" could add an interesting effect to it..... :p
  18. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I like the logo although I might chage the look of the letters. My favorite punk band name is: "Ebola Bob and the Children McNuggets".