My band's name

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Okay, we're down to these choices:

• The Harvey Washbanger (inside joke)
    • Sandoz (eh... some of you might know what this means)
    • Teenage Riot (name of Sonic Youth song)

Which would you choose? Yes, they're all ridiculous, but hey, thats rock and roll.
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    How about Harvey Washbanger and The Teenage Riots? Other wise drop the "The" off Harvey Washbanger.
  3. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Teenage Riot might confuse with ATARI TEENAGE RIOT...

i suggest: Every1TookMyBand'sName

5. that would suck.. there's already a big band called

Atari Teenage Riot

so.. would sound like a ripoff :(
  6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    you want to name your band ONION PALACE.
  7. I'd go with Sandoz, but don't expect everyone to get the meaning. I assume you've scoured the web to make sure that no one is already using the name.

Alternatly, you could call it "Albert Hoffman and the Ergot Kids"
  8. I'm kind of hoping they don't. The meaning reflects the music, but not the people, if you catch my drift.

The 'The' is there so people don't call the lead singer 'Harvey'... (examples - Alice Cooper, Hootie and the Blowfish, etc.)

Yeah, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've heard of the band, but never their music. Oh well, scratch that one of the list...
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Like Brendan, "Sandoz" appeals to me, too. But, then again, we get the reference. I'd bet it's meaningless to most folks.

So, you might consider something that references the same thing but is readily understood - "Teen Acid Eaters" or just "Acid Eaters" ( a title of a Ramones album).

A few folks may not even get that.....but you don't want them there anyway, right??? ;)
  10. Going off Dave:

Rcok on
  11. haha!

right on
  12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    can you clue me in as to what the significance of sandoz is? sounds kind of spanish. i probably sound profoundly ignorant and rediculous to those who do. I can imagine being so off-the-mark that people who catch the reference are rolling on the floor laughing at me.

for what it's worth, i wanted the band my friend and I were on the verge of actually starting to be named "Camel toe." yes, it's highly dirty. i also thought it was very obscure. but my friend/guitar player knew what it was right off the bat. so did our friend. so did multiple band-geeks.:eek:

(i hope i don't get in trouble with the TB authorites for making references to such a disagreeable...thing)
  13. ack... I guess using google wasn't enough...

And it wasn't really supposed to be a joke.
  14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Since you're not a child of the 60's or 70's, I wouldn't expect you to know, brad. (After all, one of the reasons we took it was to "expand our minds").

Sandoz was the Swiss pharmaceutical house that first synthesized LSD in 1938. I say "synthesized" because it can occur naturally like it did in the drinking water of a French town where rye seeds fermented and somehow produced it.

Sandoz LSD, (LSD is the most powerful hallucenogenic known), could be legally purchased in the USA until 1967. The ironic thing is that before then, most of it went to treat people with psychoses and psychiatric school students/psychiatrists were encouraged to at least take it to become familiar with it. Once it became illegal, LSD use exploded among the degenerates in the USA!...( especially among all of us degenerates who majored in Clinical Psych).
  15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    [psych student to another student after getting free sample of LSD]

"I TOLD you that changing my major to psychiatrics was the smartest thing i ever have done...Dude, why are you a snail?"

I reckon that the concept that was behind prescribing LSD to psychotics was the Law of Similars. How close am i on that one?

16. Damn, you beat me to it!

"The last chance will be....AN ATARI TEENAGE RIOT!!!!"
  17. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
  18. If 'Sandoz' is already taken, do a play on words, and call the band "Colonel Sandoz". Your mascot could be a blissed-out red-eyed colonel on a psychedilic bucket, or something.
  19. oops I thought you were talking about Sandoz. My mistake.

I think I'm going to expand on the 'number band' idea and use a barcode for a band name... I think I've got something there.