Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band's new CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by davepack, Jul 12, 2004.

1. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    My band just finished a CD. Looking for some feedback...you can check out samples at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/varient
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

2. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    does ANYONE have any comments?? ANY feedback, good or bad, would be great!!

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    did a cursory listen to a few songs - pretty cool stuff, nice melodies. the only negative thing i could say is that the vocals needed a nice preamp and a touch of compression to get them to sound pro. didn't sound like you had that on there, everything else sounded pretty good to me. :) congrats on your cd.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    OK, I listened to all the samples there on CDBaby. First off, I really like the music. The song "Perception" sounds like it might be really cool. I wish I could have heard the whole song. In general its not my "type" of music but it had some nice riffs and melodies and I enjoyed listening to it for the most part.
    Now, my only dislikes were with the vocals. As John mentioned, the vocal track needed a good pre for sure. It didn't have much warmth. I also thought, IMO, the vocals seamed to be very similar between all the tracks. Not much variation and it got old to me. Ofcourse, thats just my opinion.

On a final note, I think overall your CD is a [​IMG] and I envy you for having one! Now if I can just get the guys into the studio... :D