Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band's new recordings - Comments?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Transverz, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello all!

Just finished up recording a few songs. Was wondering what anyone thought of them? I would love to tell you what it's kinda like, but I think I need help in that department too hehe. Your listening is much appreciated :D

"How to Go Insane"

"Be Afraid"

Not nauseated yet? haha, thank you! That's a compliment. If you want to hear more songs or the above links don't work for you, go here:

www.INVIDonline.com

Thanks again!

-T

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Cool stuff. I like it. Sound like some fun stuff to play. That's kind of what I want my band to do, because my singer keeps wanting to play altered bridge stuff, and that's just not my bag. But that is a whole other thread. Keep up the good work, man. I'd buy a cd if I had any money...

3. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    You guys remind me of Green Day
    That's not a bad thing :)

4. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks very much Trevorus and Ozzyman! I appreciate your time into giving our songs a listen.

The songs I posted are indeed some of the most fun songs we have to play and they both get the crowd going, especially "Be Afraid". I just wish on that song my bass part wasn't so frenzied because I want to start thrashing around like a madman along with everyone else! DARN!!! Oh well, sacrifices :D

And yeah, Green Day is one of the few bands my band can all agree on as pretty cool (old GD stuff or new GD stuff, that's another story). But there aren't too many other bands we can all feel the same way about...hehe. But maybe that's our songs come out the way they do. Not a bad thing for us :)

Thanks again and I welcome all other opinions.

-T

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I really liked these! If you ever convert them to mp3, I would add them to my collection. Any chance of a CD any time soon? Or are these just demos?

6. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey SeanM,

Thanks man! I appreciate your time to listen to these.

Actually, these songs and 3 more are indeed on a 5 track EP CD we just released titled "Who Are We". Not yet on a label or anything like that...just good ol' self-produced, independently released, distrbuted by hand (or internet) EP CD. At least for now. But hey, we all can dream, right? :D

If you'd like purchasing info, feel free to PM me and we'll work something out. Of course I have to do a TB special!

BTW, if you'd like some MP3's, I believe some of the EP CD is available on our MySpace site:

www.myspace.com/invid

Not sure about the quality of the download but hey, it's free :) At least it gives people a chance to listen before they spend their hard-earned money (even if it's a couple bucks) on our band.

Thanks again!

-T