Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bands new recordings...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dan1099, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Finally finished up the new album. It's hard alternative rock, i guess. We did 10 songs, in total, one of which being an all acoustic number we did together live in the studio in one take, just because we had some time left at the end of one night. Just threw a mic up in the middle of the room and went. It turned out pretty cool, IMO.

Anyway, the rest of the tracks were recorded on my Marcus Miller Jazz, into my BBE BMax-T, direct into the board. Three of the songs are up onOur Myspace Account

So, give it a listen and let me have it!

2. Hey man. I'm loving all the songs on your myspace account. Very nice bass playing I might add. It fits all the songs IMO. Not overdone or anything. Keep up the good work bro.

Jared

3. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Thanks, man.

Though I'm not sure if the "not overdone" part is a product of my taste or my lack of talent. :) :)

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Dan, Cool stuff, not exactly my cup, but your playing really seems to fit the genre well. And the music is very good quality, does not sound AT ALL like most of the Garage Garbage in the Detroit Market, Cool! I will try to check you out sometime.
    Steve

5. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Thanks a lot steve. We often get lost in the sludge of "_____o" crap here in the detroit area. Glad to hear we stand out.

Let me know if you're ever playing out here, as well. Love to hear that Sad in action!

6. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I really like the songs. Unfortunately it's hard for me get past the singer being out of tune during every song. If this were just a demo to get you more exposure, I could probably live with them. As it stands, the vocals kill the enjoyability for me... i cringe.

I'm not trying to be negative here. I'm sure you guys are a great live band and sound like you have a lot of energy. but being out of tune when performing live is completely different than a studio recording. a live performance happens once, and is generally fogotten (as far as specifics go)... but a recording will be listened to over and over again. If it was me putting a cd out, i would want to make sure it was my best work possible. I Hope you don't take any offense to this.

7. Haha no dan I was saying you do have talent lol, thats what I meant by not overdone :) Again great stuff though, keep it up. :)

Jared

8. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Well thanks alot, man. I try.