1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My band's new song!! Take a listen!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Kronos, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey all...I posted a link to this in the Recording section, but I got no replies, so maybe it was the wrong forum to put it in.

If you're into Metal (or if you're just curious), click this link:

www.project-pepin.com/websites/centralia/

Then, hit stop on the media player on the bottom left...

Then, click Media, and our new song "Miss Illiterate" will play.

For those of you who don't like Growly vocals or screaming, the whole song isn't like that...it does have some clean vocals.

Please be objective in your posts, because I've had people try to flame me on other boards in regards to my music, and I won't respond to you here if you try to flame.

I know you're a reasonable bunch of people on here though. Take a listen, let me know your thoughts....

2. Sounds pretty good from here. I'm not really into the ultra screamy stuff too much, but it sounds pretty good overall, fit's well into the genre, and I do like the Silent Hill-esque back story.

Is your next gig really at a bowling alley?

3. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah...we're doing it for the publicity. It's a tattoo expo and punk/metal show with a bunch of other bands. We all get 1/2 hr to play...

We've been trying to get more shows at different venues, especially here in Philly. We've finally got enough material to play a 45 minute set. (we've only been a band for a little more than a year) Anyway, I'm starting to connect with venues here in Philly, and the rest of my band is doing stuff in Jersey (they all reside in Jersey)

As far as the Silent Hill stuff, I had no idea SH was using Centralia as the visual idea (and, as it turns out a cover name) for Silent Hill. Pretty cool, I think.

4. Saorex

Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Boston
    Kicks ass! I'm part of a melodic death metal band myself called Morningless. I like that song you have on your website. Your signer's calls are really cool. Really a style I like. Keep up the good work!

If you want to hear our demo songs, here's our website: www.morningless.net The only problem is I wasn't in the band when they recorded the demo and the sound quality isn't so great... But anyway, it gives an excellent idea of what we sound like.

5. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Awesome track. How'd you record it

6. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I like it! Don't worry about the sound quality too much. Once you find a guy who can record and produce you guys good enough, then it will all come together. If you're ever in the Philly/Jersey area, we should gig together. That would be killer.

@slapcracklepop

We recorded in our engineer's house, using Sonic. The guy's amazing. He's not even done with the production yet. He's going to be bringing the bass up a little, and leveling out the samples used. His name is Adam Shane. He does great work for even better prices.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    - that kicks ass, good job. :bassist:

8. Saorex

Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Boston
    Sure! We'd be happy to gig with you! Thanks for your good comments and for signing our guestbook! ;)

9. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    I like it...sounds really clean (recording wise). I like the part where it slows down and the guitars go left to right and back again.

Just curious....what does he mean by "your singer's calls." Which part of the vocals are the "calls."

10. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think he was talking about the new song...I believe the song you heard was "Microcosm of the Bottle". To hear the new song, you have to stop the player at the bottom left, then go into the Media section, and the new song will play.

As far as what part are the calls, I believe he's talking about the screams.

11. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Which section of the pics page is she in? Chances are, if it's the woman with the Gibson bass, that's the bass player for a band that's really good friends with us...Spur. If it's a brunette with blue eyes with hanging out, that's my drummer's old lady. If it's a blonde with blue eyes, that's my guitarist's old lady. Otherwise, we don't draw that many women!

12. Saorex

Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Boston
    Kronos is true, what I mean by "calls" is "high-end" screams. I don't know if you guys use that term in English, but we use it in French! Hehe!

13. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Wow, that really f***** sounds great!;D kickass job.

14. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    tight!

15. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Just checkd out Morningless, man you guys kickass too, seriously, very good. Solid Riffs and the screaming is good too:) goodluck to both you.

16. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Coming from you, that means a lot...seriously!

You live in Sweden, home to most of the bands I love (At The Gates -which no longer exists-, Hypocrisy -love all the older stuff- Edge of Sanity, older Entombed, Grave, Dismember)

You guys got it down pat when it comes to music.

17. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    I listened to "Miss Illiterate" and "Microcosm..." -- very good! I'm not real into this genre, but when something is good, its good!!! The musicianship is impeccable. Your music is inventive, and I like the balance between clean vocals and "calls" and spoken word. It makes the songs, as a whole, more accessible and interesting.

Rock on!!!

Cherie :)

18. Saorex

Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Boston
    Wow, thanks! ;) Like Kronos said, you guys in Sweden have the best metal bands in the world: Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Skyfire, Amon Amarth... And good comments are always appreciated!

19. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I don't generally like that kinda stuff, but that was pretty cool. I dunno, maybe it's cause you're a fellow TBer, but I dig it. Nice job.