Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my band's new songs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by EEbass04, Apr 1, 2003.

1. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    My band Epticol just put a few songs on mp3.com

the link is:

www.mp3.com/epticol

Please visit it and tell me what you think of the 2 songs. Feel free to critique everything to the fullest, I really am interested in all opinions. Yes, I do know the vocals aren't that wonderful. Thanks a bunch, feel free to visit our site

www.epticol.com

2. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    enjoyed much, but i know nothing of bass concerns with this type of setup. you guys are doing some fun stuff to my ear tho. couple of analog recording issues i know nothing about seemed to stick out, but sure you're doing the best you can.

wondering if you have used any effects on your vocals? seems some chorus or something would help the voice resonate more. perhaps you like the dead effect of the current set up, but it seemed a few times that a simple effect would take my mind off of slight pitch problems or airy & dead releases and still keep within the texture the group lays out.

great overall sound, i prefer 'praises unto you' over 'child' which had a number of what seemed to be timing errors (i'm probably missing the equation), which bummed me out cause your drums/rythm section really has me going with the fun stuff.

3. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    bump

4. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Please check them out?!? :bawl: :mad: :(

5. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    intresting...need more bass my good friend. "Where's the Beef?"...some vocal effects..maybe reverb and delay would help. THe first one..the praise one is definantly the better of the 2. It is good. Keep up the good work
    :bassist:

6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Its pretty good. The vocals arn't bad. Your drummer seems very talented. The guitar parts are ok, but its pretty catchy. You should come out alittle more though.

7. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Thanks for all who commented, please keep the reviews coming!

8. Vocals are good IMO... However the rythm guitarist seems to lack in sense of time... Overall it's pretty good...