My Band's recording. Feedback appreciated!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkMachine, Mar 17, 2005.

1. FunkMachine

Jul 13, 2004
    Available at:

The song is a bit hard to place into any certain genre. Its all in 3/4, the drums have interesting offbeats, lots of layered guitars, etc.

Let me know what you guys think ?

Any feedback appreciated !
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    im about a minute in, and love it already.

Great guitar harmony...
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Its like...

Godsmack meets System of a Down...

I think the singer tries to hard at parts, and comes off as a scott stapp with a bit more balls... If he'd get away from that, and just stick to what he does the majority of the time, he'd rule.

OK, so at the beginning is this guitar duet... it has a spanish feel to it, and it is very smooth and very well harmonized.

Then the metal comes in, and rocks hard.. SOAD/Godsmack type stuff... then a break with an arab feel, once again very SOAD/GODSMACK, then the end is kinda generic speed metal type stuff...

Great song, you guys have some serious talent.

Now, gimme a free t-shirt and CD.
  5. FunkMachine

Jul 13, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback Mike.

Yeah, our vocalist IS inspired by Stapp actually, but mostly by Hetfield and Flynn (Machinehead).

Funny that you get a spanish vibe off the intro, we get such mixed feelings from it...Some say it sounds celtic, irish, epic, now spanish. Good stuff.

As soon as we have any t-shirts or cd's, they'll be on their way!

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I like it as well! It has a drive to it that I really got into. Awesome piece of work!

On the vocals, I liked them fine. Wish I could hear the bass a little better but thats just me.
  7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Wow, very good stuff.

Vocally, echoes of Godsmack, Metallica and indeed Machinehead, all good! Maybe a tad forced occasionally, but it doesn't bother.

Great guitar intro! a bit celtic, reminds of something by Absu, a Black Metal band with Pagan lyrics. I'm talking about the 11th Tara track, acoustic as well, and a bit the same "vibe"

Solid playing, the bass doesn't always cut through very well, but I don't know what your playing, but it seems like you're following the guitar mainly, so in that case it sounds pretty good.

The arabic interlude is neat too.

Overall very nice.
  8. FunkMachine

Jul 13, 2004
    thanks guys.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with how the bass turned out in the mix. During the oriental break-down I play alot of low notes on the B string and they've just been lost completely.

We recoreded the song at a guy's home studio, he ended up mixing and mastering it aswell, all for a very small sum of money. So were still pretty pleased with what we got out of it.

Ive got another track recorded with the same guy, from one of my other bands...I'll put it up soon.

Keep it coming!