Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my band's recording - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JPGT, Oct 28, 2003.

1. JPGT

JPGT

Aug 19, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    Hi everyone,

My band finished recording a CD of our material in May, and this is the first time I have gotten around to posting a clip from it. This clip is basically the intro track to the cd (it's an instrumental), and despite its simplicity (I am more or less playing a pedal tone throughout)I think it has a good feel to it and sets the tone for the rest of the album. I apologize for the quality...I really had to shrink the heck out of the original file so I could post it.
    Thanks guys, All comments welcome!

-J.P.

2. Les G

Les G Guest

Oct 27, 2003
    Where can I buy your CD?

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I really like the build up, but I do not like that guitar that comes in after the climax. it's not that he's hitting wrong notes, it's just that his note choice clashes so much with the atmosphere created by the really nice build-up.

Just my opinion though.

4. Les G

Les G Guest

Oct 27, 2003
    I have the opposite opinion... dislike the buildup but enjoy the guitar afterwards.

5. JPGT

JPGT

Aug 19, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    Yeah...All the people that I have played it for like the track as a whole, but some feel that the tone of the lead guitar is too "biting" compared to the rhythm guitar, and other think the intro is great because of it. Oh well, que será...

Thanks for feedback so far guys, I really appreciate it!

-J.P.

6. That type of highly opinionated trite is not acceptable here, if you cannot be CONSTRUCTIVE, and offer HELPFUL commentary, DO NOT POST HERE.

It's alright to not like something, and it's alright to tell that person your feelings, but there are ways to go about that without being so callus, ultimately your opinion here doesn't mean anything more than anyone else's opinion, and being so disrespectful isn't going to help anyone

7. JPGT

JPGT

Aug 19, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    Hmmm...that could not have been good. I just got back from out of town a few days ago, so I missed what the previous post said. Probably better that way anyway. Must...protect...ego!
    haha

-J.P.