My band's recordings! Check it out!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, May 16, 2004.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey everyone my band Odie Dude and the Fairlife recorded like 5 songs, but we could only put 3 up online at:

We're like a pop punk band but not that crap like the starting line. Nonetheless we're still crap.

Please check it out and tell me what you think. I'm on bass and vocals. I KNOW the vocals suck so you can skip making fun of that...

Our website is
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Drummer is pretty weak, playing is boring, need to find a singer for the band.

Needs work, but there is definite room for improvement

My two,
    Adam Barkley
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Catchy, but the drummer is sloppy. The singer needs to be replaced IMO. You guys have a good sense of writing a fun, catchy tune. Maybe if the singer just let go a lot more? He sounds a little disinterested.
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Thanks so much for the feedback. The drums came out sloppy sounding cuz its too close to the hi-hats and ride. But live, he doesn't sound sloppy most of the time. I know my singing is terrible...I'm working on it alot. Someone else said that about letting go...I'm working on that. We've searched for a singer. Alot of people just want to sing like the whiney boring stuff but we're more into just having fun. I mean some of those lyrics are serious but I don't want it to be like bad/whiny words. IM RANTING! done..
  5. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    You guys got a ways to go even in our Genre. The starting line may be nothing special, but at least they are signed and playing with great bands like Yellowcard. I think you guys are young and have a lot of room to grow. Great job for getting your stuff out there though.