My bands recordings. How does it sound?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ebladeboi123, Jul 13, 2005.

1. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Honestly, i was dissappointed in the guitars tone. And in my tone (bassist), they wouldnt let me use my GK as a pre-amp, just made me go DI into a Line 6 (meh). So i've added a pre-amp onto my bass, as well as good pick ups, so hopefully now i can be in charge of my tone.
    let me know what you think
  2. Band sounds good but I think I agree with you on the tone of the guitar.. On black velvet dress, the first guitar that comes in sounds like it was recorded with a 10w Gorilla practice amp that was mic'ed.. Bass tone isnt bad.. Doesnt have as much of a defined attacked as I personally would prefer.

Overall I think its decent. But I know how its sometimes difficult to deal with some studio engineers that know everyone..
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm a big fan of garage rock, so I like the first guitar's tone. Though I do agree that it is too thin for classic rock stuff.

Bass tone is alright, kind of canned, like, it sounds like the tone itself is in a can. It sounds like if you let it out, it would sound much bigger and fuller. It sounds fine when everything's going. But when everything drops out and it's solo, it sounds like it's missing punch and subs.

Did you use the same setup for "Texas Girl"? I liked the tone better on that one than on "Black Velvet Dress".

I'm not a big fan of the vocalist. On "Just Like You", it reminds me a little of Brett Anderson of Seude, sans the glam. Maybe it's the guitar...
  4. oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I like it. If you want abysmal tone you should hear my bands demo... but the musics good, and thats what matters, isnt it?
  5. Hey dan, saw you from the nation :)

I agree with you on the guitar tone. and the bass tone is really weak. but you guys are really really tight which is good. but the singer's voice is really cliche to me.

and tell the studio guy to let people use what they want to record.