Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bands recordings, your opinions would be welcomed!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by funky_bass_guy, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Hey guys,
    My band have been doing a little recording at one of our friends house and have managed to nearly get 3 songs finnished. Its very hard as he has a son with severe mental and physical disabilities so we cannot spend much time there. On the link you will find a taster of 3 songs we have nearly finnished. I was just wondering what you thought of the production, recording and of course the songs themselves. There are a few things we need to correct ourselves but havent had the time to yet:
    Adding bassline on bannana split unplugged
    Solo in looks better in black
    Removing the piano 'guide' in comatose
    We are hopefully going back to the guy for a whole week in a while and should get the whole album done. Just wanting your opinions really.

Many thanks
    Chris
    Link to recordings

2. Not bad, but I don't like the singer

3. Sounds like a mix of Lennon, Stayley, and Geddy.

4. Thank you very much both for listening to it. Hmm yes our singer certaintly isnt our greatest strength but he is the only person we can find really. What did you think of the music? Could you suggest any changes we could make to improve it?

Many thanks
    Chris

5. I liked the singer and the music. I'm sure it would be good live. :smug: I think it needs a little more bottom, maybe bump the bass eq up a touch? and tell the guitarist the same. I just like music that shakes the room. :p

I would like to hear "Looks Better In Black" with a different ending. It sound like the drums want to start into a groove, but nothing. :meh:

6. Ahh yes we havent actually finnished looks better in black thats why! :D We have a build up breakdown thing and then it goes into a solo and another verse and chorus. Thanks for your comment keith I appreciate them :) I have got a new bass now which has way more 'bass' than my last cheapo one so hopefully that will help the mix. The guitar sound needs some work, maybe a different amp model.

Cheers
    Chris