Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bands recordings..

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by popinfresh, Apr 17, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey guys, thought i'd post a link to the mp3's we've got up. If you'd care to give all (Or at least one or two) a listen.. that'd be cool. The sound is kinda 70's hard rock. Influenced by Zep/Sabbath sort of thing a bit. Got a wiiiide variation of influences, especially me.
    Bass wise, the recordings don't show much, I kind of toned it down for the recordings, which I don't think I should have as it doesn't seem as energetic.. but oh well. The acoustic track i'm not involved in (Duh).

So yeah... what do you guys think?

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=22319

2. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    thats great! yall are pretty good. i like the drum intro on the first song and KILLER guitar.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey, thanks.

Lead guitarist is pretty awesome. He was trained classically and has a wide range of influences which makes some cool riffs/solo's.

The bass tone on these recordings suck as well, sorry :p. The guy who we recorded with mic'd a single SWR 10 out of my 210 box (Which lacks lows in the first place) and it ended up sounding real bad. I didn't have time to re-record so we used the board to mess with it. It ended up flat sounding and just plain crap really. It's still got a bit of punchiness from the sterling, but it just sounds like a flat bass.

Although it was the first time in the studio (Bar the acoustic), so i think we did allright.

We won two days of recording as well, so we'll be doing that soon..

4. sknkh

sknkh

Mar 21, 2004
    Hey, that was great, I really liked it. Fellow aussie too, so thats two stars you get! :D

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^Thanks :)

Bump :)

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bump.

7. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I thought it was really, really, REALLY boring. So boring that I killed it after the 2 bar. No intensity what so even. Did I say it was really boring. If I were you, I wouldn't BUMP it. I'd trash it.

Get an attitude!

8. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I'm a big fan of a lot of classic rock, but there's definetly a lot of places you can improve.

Dark & Narrow is definetly too slow for that riff, if you ask me. Speeding it up at least 10 BPM could add a lot to keep it interesting. I liked the lead intro, but that riff after it was a little boring.

The Undermin'r really shows everyone that your singer's tone simply doesn't go with your bands sound.

I do like how classic rock everything sounds. Everyone's tone (minus the singer) fits that classic 70's sound to a T.

-Eric.

9. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I thought the first one sounded ALOT like Shout At The Devil

10. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Kiwi's :eyebrow:

Thanks for the constructive criticism from the other guys. The recordings to kind of lack energy and I have taken into the account of speeding up Dark & Narrow :) When we re-record we're going to spend alot of time making sure it sounds right this time.

Lots of people are very love/hate about the vocalist's voice, it's interesting to see what people think..

I'l try get some newer recordings, they'l be live though.

11. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Aussies :spit:

12. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^ :D

Bump, for the hell of it. I wanna hear a couple more opinions.

13. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    You guys should try recording to a click track next time.It tends to help things sound tighter if you guys can get comfortable with it :bassist:

14. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey guys, kinda forgot about this thread :p

Hows a click track work exactly?

15. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Still BORING!! :spit: