Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My bands version of Come Together.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmonkey144, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Well, just for kicks, I'll throw up this half done version of Come Together. There aren't any drums, and half the vocals were accidentally deleted. Oh well, I just wanted to see what people thought about it.

Come Together

2. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Bassmonkey,
    I mean you absolutely no disrespect, but I'm tired of hearing cover bands murder Beatles tunes...
    Yours may be a very good version but I'll never know... :rolleyes:

3. meh. I just wanted some opinions of whether it was any good. We pretty much stuck to the way the song originally was, maybe a bit more growly, accoustic-ish. Give it a try anyway. Your post, and I don't mean to be mean or anything, was really a waste of time for both of us. You could have listened to it, and said "That was terrible" or "That was great" and I wouldn't have cared. In fact, I probably would have put it to use, learning from mistakes and whatnot. Thanks Anyway.

Edit: Perhaps I got a bit carried away. Your post made me frustrated in the fact that you would give an opinion such as that, but not actually try listening to it, therefore making your point pretty much moot. Generalizing frustrates me to no end. Sorry about that.

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Good sound, the singer has a unique sound which makes the song very different. Although it's a little over in the chorus. It goes from not loud enough to too loud and back to not loud enough.

5. thanks for the stuff. our singer is an odd one at that. he can go from kind of a dirty growling, blues voice, to a lilting soloists voice. He's a choir kid.
    As to the levels, thanks for noticing. I'll make a note of that when we do the final mixing.

6. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Bassmonkey,
    Valid point...
    Felt like such a heel that I did check it out...
    I dug the singer's voice, I noticed the levels as well, but chalked that up to a rehearsal...
    take care...
    shawn

7. Thanks shawn. That means a lot to me, believe it or not. Thanks for the input.