1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My bass collection pics !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SCT1422, Apr 21, 2019.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I thought I would finally get some pics of all the toys in my arsenal !!! I have a lot of fun of buying and selling gear, trying out new things and see what I like and don't like.. They're all different in one way or another, even with the same woods and electronics.. I have some up for sale and not looking for any trades at this time..
    Bottom row are all my MBasses... Left to right, the 54' has flats on it and kills...he Olympic White is my #1... The Green is killer and has a slightly different neck profile on it.. The Burgundy Mist is the 1st one I ordered from Jon.. I actually sold this one and regretted it and bought it back..
    Top row left to right, Lakland Sonic 5 with a neck off another Lakland.. I changed the pickups to Aguilars, but I may change them out to Nordy Blades.. I had the headstock painted to match.. I just picked up this Lakland J-5 because I love that color, this one has Aguilars in it and an Audere preamp which I hate.. It's going to back to passive and I may change the pickups out on it.. The next 2 are Lakin prototypes.. The Green one I originally bought, sold and bought it back.. It has an Aguilar preamp in it which is coming out and I'll be replacing the pickups as well.. It's a little too modern sounding and sterile to my ears.. The Candy Red one I just had Lakland pickups put in as well as a stack knob control plate, this kills now !!! It's a nice weight and feels comfortable.. A big improvement over the original pickups !! The next one is a Bluesman Vintage PJ-5 loaded with Aguilar pickups and preamp.. Cool bass and John Scott is great to deal with.. Met him at NAMM 2018 and visited his shop last year.. I may move this one though, it's not getting enough work.. The last one is a Valenti PJ-5 which is nice and it's up for sale... The one laying flat is a Reverend Mercalli 5 which I may be moving as well.. If you ever want an old school P type bass this kill with flats on them..

Attached Files:

B-Mac, barginkov, Crusher47 and 3 others like this.
  2. SCT1422

Changed the title to something more appropriate !!

3. ejaggers

ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    So, tell us how you really feel about J basses.
    Nice Family!!!

why was the original title inappropriate?

4. SCT1422

I just wasn't sure if anybody would have thought it was a pic of my basses.. Maybe inappropriate was the wrong term to use... And yes I do love J-Basses, they just work for me...

eJake likes this.