Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my bass discontinued?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rowan_Jazz_Head, Nov 2, 2003.

1. I was looking at the fender website today and thought I'd check out my bass, the american standard Jazz bass. Anyway I noticed that instead of seeing the regular bass that I have they had the "new standards" which have that series/parallel swtich. I then noticed that this run was released in July of this year. Does this mean that the regular American standard basses have finnished their production run?
    rowan

2. From what i understand i have one of the last P basses made before the switch to the S-1 switch upgrade. I bought my P earlier this summer, and like a week after i noticed the upgrade was made. :)

3. How can I find out what year my US standard bass, is it possible to do it from the serial number...I don't want to take the neck off. The serieal number is Z1038910.
    rowan

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    That is not a standard but a series bass. American standards have been discontinued since 2000.Your srial # Z10xxxxx makes it a 2001. Anything after that(2000) was an American series axe. Only this year did they come out with the series/parallel switch on the J and P basses.

5. I have the first bass Gibson Grabber made in a particuler batch, from 2nd April '76.

12 years later I was born :p

beat that!

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    :confused: