1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Bass Flood Pod Experience

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by dacalac, Apr 21, 2010.

1. dacalac

dacalac

Mar 6, 2010
    I know I've been poking around in these threads about the Floor Pod and HD750 but I came across a STEAL yesterday! Found a kid selling his Bass Floor Pod for $50! Several emails and a few hours later it was mine.

Plugged it in and spent a little time going through all the presets. I was truly impressed by the wide range of styles and sounds can be evoked out of this little unit. I mentioned that I heard there was a lag issue when switching between presets and yes this is true. This pedal is not really made for switching presets during a song. I feel that the best use of this pedal would be to setup one preset per song. For instance I can dial in a nice sound with the R&B emulator to leave on through the course of the song. Or I can setup a synth preset that I'd only switch on for certain parts of another song.

So right now I'm doing through all the presets to catalog the sounds/styles. I'm writing them down (unless Rich has a list somewhere ;)) and then figuring out which patch would be a good match for the different songs in the band. After I've narrowed down the patches, I'll begin fine tuning them then playing them along with my Ipod which will be ran through the unit as well.

This is also turning into a handy practice tool since I can just plug it into the corner of a room and jam out with my headphones on while my GF watches TV :p. Combine that with an mp3 input and you're golden!

People have mentioned that the effects are a tad thin and sterile and I'd have to agree. This is not a big issue for me anyways though since this is just being used as a practice tool and I have a pedalboard to cover the sounds I need. There are those who also complain about the synth model being too extreme and unusable. If you spend some time reading the manual or even just twirling knobs you may be able to find a sound that you like. Just take your time and don't dismiss this product so quickly.

My band is prepping to head into the studio in a month or so and I can't wait to take this with me! The only real question that I have is if I were to use this in a live setting, would I put this before or after my pedal chain?

This turned out waaaaay longer than I expected but I'm just really happy with this little guy so far!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

-Mike
    :bassist:

2. Felony3

Felony3

Jun 2, 2010
    I am a three/four year owner of the bass floor POD. I have only one complaint about my particular unit: Whenever I turn it on to play through it, I get a "talk radio station" feedback and I can't seem to get rid of it! Help

Could it be that I have it on a concrete floor in my basement?

3. A lot of times RF interference is caused by bonding and/or grounding. Could be a power issue in the house or your power strip. Does the unit have a ground lift? Are you getting that noise in any of your other electronics in the house or in your phones? How about through your amp without the unit plugged in. Is it receiving interference anywhere else, such as at gigs?

Answers to these will help you narrow down the cause. It may be fixable with a power conditioner or you may need to send it to Line 6 for further testing.

Added: It may be a shielding issue with your bass too. Does the unit malfunction with another bass, or are you getting interference straight into your amp? Could be your cable. I guess I'm saying you need to isolate which equipment is causing the noise then decide how to go about fixing it. Try the bass straight into the amp. Noise? Try different cable. Noise gone? Cable. Noise? Either the amp or the bass. Continue until you isolate....

Hope this helps.

4. I'm fairly certain your issue is AC related. Check the other thread for my suggestion....

5. ricksox

ricksox

Jul 24, 2010
    Los Angeles
    That's RF interference and it could be happening for a number of reasons. Have you tried switching out cables (make sure your cables are shielded)?

Also, is your house located near any kind of radio antennas? That can sometimes be the culprit too,

Rick