My bass guitar delayed!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jkrobs, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi guys, Ive not joined this forum long, but some people might know that about 2 weeks ago I orderd a Yamaha BB614 Bass guitar...I was told 2 weeks ago It would take 2 weeks to arrive..Just today I got a call from my music shop..

They have told me that the batch of Yamaha BB614 Have not yet passed the Quality assurance. So They told me it will be another 2 weeks before I will get it..

The guy told me if I want I can chose another guitar instead..he told me they have a Aria SB 202 and It's natural colour finnish..just Like I wanted on my Yamaha BB614...

Now Im not sure if to stay with the Yamaha BB614 or get that Aria SB 202. But It's possible for me to get any other bass guitar I want the guy sayed...

Including a five string Yamaha RBX 375..But I know It's not a natural finnish. Is that a good guitar? Please give me some good advise. Also please tell me if you know of any good Natural finnish guitars? thanks a lot guys
  2. ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    yeah i think they are just bummin' you. you picked a bass, settle for nothing less. unless, its an upgrade, directly. (one step up in the series or one more string, same price)

a good natural finished bass? i like my swamp ash zon sonus 6. you didnt limit by price. haha.

and are you buying a bass for the looks only? id suggest a rethink, but since you ordered, i hope you like the sound of the bass as well.

welcome to TB!
  3. jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi guys, Well to tell you the truth..I want to get a natural finnish, Im not sure just looks more beautifull. But the guy sayed they have a RBX 375 In stock, It's silver and five string 24 frets. Now Im thinking maybe to get that..It's not natural..but maybe I should get that? does anyone know what it sounds like? Also I would save money than if I wait for the BB614. What should I do?
    The others Im interested in are Yamaha
    BB2005 lOOKS OKISH
    BB N4III Looks nice..but is it available in 5 string?
  4. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    First of all who are they? Yamaha BB 614's are available new from most online music stores. Personally I would cancel the order and go elsewhere.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You'll be okay, ive stil got a couple months on my ebmm.
  6. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Don't settle or change your order in the name of instant gratification.

Either stick it out, or cancel the order and make an order from The RBX 365 you mentioned is NOT an upgrade IMO.