1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My bass has a weight problem.....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Sep 9, 2005.

1. I love my Hamer Import Standard to DEATH.

However, I'm getting into fairly technical metal- Coroner, Atheist, et al, and have been experimenting with strap lengths. My Comfort Strapp has its pad in the middle, and an adjuster on either side. I like the body to hang lower, but the neck to stick up, so I make the front as short as possible. Meanwhile, while that's quite comfortable- the neck is divey and my shoulder aches after 5-10 minutes.

Can I use some sort of counterweight for the bottom of the body so it doesn't tax me? I'd really like to avoid modification.

2. yeah man if possible a badassII bridge or some other kind of big heavy bridge like that might help ya out. good luck.
    -Alex

3. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    If your strap button is directly behind the bridge, in the middle of the bass, you can move that strap button up about 6 inches to get a better natural balance. With the bass in playing position, my strap button is on the upper-leftmost edge of the bass. This requires one extra hole in your bass, and is about the most non-invasive modification you could use.